“The LVNBA Newsletter was first published in 2006 under the leadership of President Jason Frierson, 2005-2007, together with Sandra Douglass Morgan (Vice President), Cybill Dotson (Treasurer) and Sami Randolph (Secretary). One of the primary goals of the Newsletter is to recognizes members’ achievements, service, and work done in the community.” — Augusta Massey, LVNBA Newsletter, Vol. 3, Dec. 2011, p. 16.
LVNBA Newsletter Volume No. 3, Issue No. 1 — December 2011
The third volume of the LVNBA Newsletter is a Special 30th Anniversary issue. The contents include a message from President Doreen Spears Hartwell (2011-2013), and information about the Las Vegas Chapter of the National Bar Association, the LVNBA Foundation, the National Bar Association, and NBA Region IX.
See below for the contents of Volume 3.
- Front Matter: About this Issue, 2011-2013 Leadership, 2012 Committee Chairs, Editorial Staff
- Historical Perspective: Do You Know Your History? by Justice Michael L. Douglas, Unsung Heroes by Art Williams, Jr., LVNBA Key Dates, LVNBA Members 1981-2011
- Items by Members
- About the LVNBA by Booker T. Evans, John R. Bailey, Alzora Jackson, Judge Nancy Allf, and Assemblyman Jason Frierson
- On New Directions by Dean John V. White, Berna Rhodes-Ford, and Judge Gloria Sturman
- In Public Service by Assemblyman William Horne and Assemblywoman Dina Neal
- Serving Communities by Karl W. Armstrong, Sandra Douglass Morgan, Alda A. Anderson, and Marsha Kimble-Simms
- Growing Professionally by Kelley Jones and Tierra Jones
- 2011 Year in Review: Founders’ Celebration, Oral History Project, 22nd Scholarship Gala, Nevada Lawyer Project, Film Festival, Backpack Drive, Bowling Social, Ringing in the New Year, LVNBA Archive, WRBLSA Member of the Year: Elisabeth Flemming
- In the Pipeline: BLSA: BLSA Leadership, WRBLSA Competitions, Scholarship Recipients: Nechole Garcia, Brittnie Watkins, and Colin Seale
- Back Page: About the Newsletter, Acknowledgements, Diversity Committee, 2012 NBA Convention