LVNBA events and activities are organized through committees. Interested members of the community are welcome to support LVNBA goals by joining LVNBA members on committees.
The LVNBA has three standing committees:
- the Scholarship Gala Committee, which is responsible for planning and organizing an Annual Scholarship Gala to raise funds for scholarships for current law students who demonstrate a commitment to assisting the most needy and underserved members of the larger community,
- the Community Service Committee, which is responsible for developing and coordinating community education and service programs, and
- the Membership Committee, which is responsible for recruitment and retention of members, planning and organizing member events, and overseeing nominations and elections.
Please see below for descriptions of the committees.
Please click below for forms for committee activities:
- Event Proposal Form (pdf)
- Event Status Report (pdf)
- Post-Event Report (pdf)
- Reimbursement Form (pdf)
The Membership Committee is responsible for recruitment and retention of members, planning and organizing member events, and overseeing nominations and elections. This includes developing and organizing recruitment and retention initiatives, for example, membership campaigns, special membership categories, and membership benefits. The Membership Committee is also responsible for planning Continuing Legal Education programs.
Executive Board Liaison: Secretary, Karl Riley
The Membership Committee organizes a variety of events such as:
- Mentor-Mentee mixers for law students -The purpose of the mentee/mentor relationship is to enable law students benefit from the expertise of seasoned attorneys and foster relationships that will contribute to the law student’s ability to become a successful attorney.
- Membership Mixers such as the annual holiday mixer
- Welcome to Las Vegas Mixer for the National Bar Association Board of Governors at Gaylord Indian Restaurant and Cocktail Reception at the VooDoo Lounge at the Rio, November 19, 2010.